Looking for a small evergreen for your landscape?
Evergreen trees provide beauty and function in the landscape. They provide year round color and interest while providing privacy for the homeowner. However, most evergreens grow larger than many homeowners have space for. An ideal choice for a smaller size evergreen is the Paul's Select Norway Spruce.
While not a true dwarf ornamental, this variety does reach a smaller mature size than comparable evergreens, at 15-20' wide by 20-30' tall.
The Paul's Select features some interesting charateristics that make it really stand out.
- The Blue Color: The needles are more comparable to a Colorado Blue Spruce, than the green of a typical Norway
- Advanced Resistance to Needle Cast: This variety is easy to grow, hardy and resistant to needle cast. This well shaped evergreen requires little to no maintenance.
- Fast Grower: Once established, this tree can grow up to 2 feet/year; reaching it's mature height quickly
- Can Tolerate Shade: Most evergreen trees require almost full sun, but this small variety of Norway Spruce can take some shade.
Incorporating a Paul's Select Norway Spruce into your landscape offers a variety of benefits.
- Winter Color: Look out your window. What do you see? For winter color and a pretty silver blue, the Paul's Select is a great alternative to Colorado Blue Spruce.
- Privacy Screen: Many homeowners need privacy from their neighbors, roadways and driveways. Since this cariety of Norway Spruce Tree is non-deciduous, it will hold it's needles and stay full and blue all winter long.
- Small Landscape Size: Onee of the few options for homeowners that cannot fit a large evergreen into their landscape.
- Specimen Tree/Focal Point in Landscape: The texture, size and color make this Evergreen Tree an excellent choice for a specimen tree in your landscape. Visitors eyes are drawn to it, especially in the summer, as it "pops" out of the other colors surrounding it.